A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
Before the action of the 2010 Victoria Derby Day at Flemington tomorrow, tonight Canterbury Park racecourse is home to a quality seven race twilight meeting and here the Races.com.au team provide punters with our exclusive tips for this Friday night race programme.
Canterbury – Race 1 – $27,000 Grumpy’s Handicap (1500m)
- Best Exacta Bet: #2 Beijing Boy from #1 Strike One
Canterbury – Race 2 – $27,000 EBP RSL Handicap (1550)
- Rated Special to Win: #2 Swift Judgement – $3.20 favourite Luxbet
- Best Place Picks: #3 Bellissimo and #6 Savannahs Choice
Canterbury Race 3 – $27,000 Club Mount Lewis Plate (1100m)
- Best Trifecta Bet: #2 Liechtenstein from #5 Glory Run and #1 Global Express
Lots of money and good reports coming in on Glory Run, the well-bred Exceed and Excel filly coming off a great barrier trial at Warwick Farm.
Canterbury Race 4 – $27,000 Schweppes Handicap (1250m)
- Rated Special to Win: #1 Lucky Elmo – $3.30 favourite Luxbet
- Best Place Picks: #4 Military Secret and #2 Strong Gain
Lucky Elmo has an impressive turn of foot and ability to go around the field, is fit and in-form and will take the lead with their front running style suited to the tight Canterbury track.
Canterbury Race 5 – $27,000 Campsire RSL Handicap (1100m)
- Rated Special to Win: #4 Bring Your Alibi – $1.35 favourite Luxbet
- Best Place Picks: #6 Tomcatnaround and #2 Sarkosy
Nothing can beat Joseph Pride’s Lonhro gelding Bring Your Alibi, consider a win bet on this one done and dusted.
Canterbury Race 6 – $27,000 Beverly Hills Hotel Handicap (1250m)
- Rated Special to Win: #1 Sure Diversion
- Best Place Picks: #2 Shamash, #3 Kirkham and #8 Fulmination
This is a fairly average field with many of the main chances resuming from a spell, so punters have to query the fitness of the favourites.
Kirkham is reportedly doing well and can win if the others aren’t at their best, but it is their first race start so best to stick to Sure Diversion who has four race starts for experience.
Canterbury Race 7 – $27,000 Pine Inn Handicap (1900m)
- Best Picks: #5 Sweet Smile, #8 Straight Albert and #2 Bored
Luxbet have the hottest betting markets on all the Canterbury Friday night races, and if you are new to sign up, deposit a minimum of $25 and quote the codeword EXTRA400 you will instantly be credited with a bonus bet DOUBLE your deposit up to $400. So what are you waiting for?!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.