Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The odds for a number of 2010 Caulfield Cup contenders have changed dramatically throughout the day as the rain continues to fall over the Victorian track softening the ground further and ruling out a number of Caulfield Cup runners that prefer drier ground.
2010 Caulfield Cup Market Movers
- Hot favourite Shocking has firmed into $5 from $6.50 favoured because of his wider draw and Makybe Diva Stakes win on a Heavy track
- One-time favourite Metal Bender has drifted out to $8 with concerns his barrier two draw will see him stuck on the inside in muddy conditions
- Hong Kong galloper Mr Medici has been slashed from $21 into $17 for his Australian race debut after his last start victory in Sha Tin was on very slow ground, which will be the condition at Caulfield tomorrow
- Monaco Consul has been one of the biggest movers in the 2010 Caulfield Cup odds today shortening from his original quote of $31 into $17 as the Kiwi galloper is accustomed to the wet ground
- Luca Cumani’s Manighar is in from $13 to $11, the known wet-tracker advantaging from the rain and likely to handle the heaviest conditions best
- Descarado, Gai Waterhouse’s second runner along with Herculian Prince, has gained popularity in from $26 to a much shorter $16 to win as they will relish the conditions tomorrow
- Bart Cummings’ Faint Perfume has come right into contention now at $7.50 after opening at $9, she is passable on the wet but the addition of blinkers to her gear for the first time is what is getting the punters’ attention
Now is the time to get your 2010 Caulfield Cup bets down before odds on your favourites shorten any further, so ensure you get the best price by signing up with Ladbrokes.com.au!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.