A Crown – Tiara double this campaign is on the...
Horse racing today, Saturday 2nd October, will see the running of a total of eleven TAB race meetings including the culmination of the Sydney Spring Racing Carnival with a great day of Group racing at Randwick.
Today’s racing will feature a bumper line up of ten races at Randwick. Eagle Farm, Morphettville, Belmont, Bairnsdale, Newcastle, Gold Coast and Murtoa will all run eight races today. Seven races will be on the card at Sapphire Coast while Mudgee and Toowoomba will both be running six races.
The highlight today is the Telstra Epsom Super Saturday at Royal Randwick in Sydney. With a quality line up of races, including four Group 1 races, Epsom Super Saturday is the feature event of the Sydney Spring Racing Carnival. The races that everyone will have their eye on today are the $500,000 Group 1 Epsom Handicap (1,600m) and the $400,000 Group 1 The Metropolitan (2,400m).
Today’s Group Races at Randwick
- Group 1 Epsom Handicap – $500,000 in prize money, run over 1,600m
- Group 1 Metropolitan Handicap – $400,000 in prize money, run over 2,400m
- Group 1 Flight Stakes – $400,000 in prize money, run over 1,600m
- Group 1 Spring Champion Stakes – $400,000 in prize money, run over 2,000m
- Group 2 The Shorts – $200,00 in prize money, run over 1,100m
- Group 2 Roman Consul Stakes – $175,000 in prize money, run over 1,200m
- Group 3 Craven Plate – $125,000 in prize money, run over 2,000m
Melbourne Cup Preview Day featuring the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes, originally scheduled to run today at Flemington, has been moved to Sunday 3rd October to avoid a clash with the AFL Grand Final Replay in Melbourne. The change of day for racing at Flemington has meant that the Bairnsdale Cup meeting was moved forward from Sunday to today.
Racing at Belmont today in Perth is Irish Day featuring the $80,000 Listed Birthday Stakes (1,200m), a key lead up race for the Perth Summer Racing Carnival.
Are you going to bet on any of today’s horse races? If yes, then you really should check out online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au. Sportsbet offers complete race coverage on all TAB race meetings and for metropolitan meets (including today’s racing at Moonee Valley, Eagle Farm, Belmont and Morphettville) you can use their City Best Plus offer and get paid the best dividend from the 3 TABs or the Starting Price (SP) – whichever is best payout. Now you won’t be disappointed the next time you win a bet and see that an interstate tote was paying a better dividend because you will receive the best payout possible.
Sydney & New South Wales Horse Racing Today
- Randwick – Race 1 jumps at 11:45am (AEST)
- Newcastle – Race 1 jumps at 12:40pm (AEST)
- Mudgee – Race 1 jumps at 2:02pm (AEST)
- Sapphire Coast – Race 1 jumps at 1:07pm (AEST)
Victorian Horse Racing Today
- Bairnsdale – Race 1 jumps at 12:35pm (AEST)
- Murtoa – Race 1 jumps at 12:50pm (AEST)
Brisbane & Queensland Horse Racing Today
- Eagle Farm – Race 1 jumps at 12:45pm (AEST)
- Gold Coast – Race 1 jumps at 12:30pm (AEST)
- Toowoomba – Race 1 jumps at 5:25pm (AEST)
Perth Horse Racing Today
- Belmont – Race 1 jumps at 2:55pm (AEST)
Adelaide Horse Racing Today
- Morphettville – Race 1 jumps at 1:00pm (AEST)
Looking for the latest results from today’s races? Then go to racing results for all of the updated placings.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.